Friday, December 5, 2008

The movie I like and the one I dont...

The thought of penning my views about the movie I like and the one I dont had been brutally copied from the Cinema Plus Edition of 'The Hindu'. For those who couldnt co-relate, every week in the Cinema Plus edition a celebrity would write about the movie he/she like and the one he/she disliked. So why should celebreties alone get to act as critics, now I have decided to join the bandwagon.


I shall start with the movie I loved the most. I like to see some amount of humour involved in every film I watch, and if it is a film with humour as its main qoutient, then its a piece of cake for me. And if its Kamal Haasan who is gonna make me laugh, then I shall be ready for that any time. But the movie I love the most even after 17 years of its release, had not one, but 4 Kamals to take me through a laugh riot. The movie I like the most is "Micheal Madana Kama Rajan".


I need not let anyone know about the plot, the performance, music or any other aspect of the film, because I would look like a fool if I start scribbling all those(as if no one has seen the movie). Then what am I planning to write in here? Nothing!! I would like to celebrate a masterpiece in the history of Tamil Cinema, with my friends and readers. When the film was first announced, no one could have doubted Kamal for his ability to don 4 roles, but people should have thought that it would be difficult to weave a plot around four different charecters. Singeetham Srinivasa Rao, veteran director(at 1991 itself) produced thae script which not only gives equal screen presence to all the 4 charecters, but also makes sure that at the end of the film, we cannot forget even a single charecter from the film. There were too many characters in the film(What with Kamal himself making up to 4), that many got confused, but, they loved to get confused. Ranging from veterans S.N Lakshmi(thiruttu paati), Veneeraadai Murthy, Delhi Ganesh and Nagesh(All these people are Kamal's favourites and can be spotted in any of his films), to chicks like Kushboo, Roopini and Urvashi all played their parts well. The interesting characters like Bheem(rollicking stuff) and Micheals father(Santhaana Bharathi) were spot on.

Backed by Illayaraja's masterscore the movie turned out to be even better, what with the Maestro continuing his Midas touch with kamal haasan. The background score blended so well with the movie that we get along with the different tunes given for each of Kamal's characters(the music for palakkad Kameshwaran is the best). The way graphics was displayed to show more than one Kamal in a scene(The climax, on the hill-top hut, is the highlight), were extremely well done(Remember 17 years ago!!!).


I try very hard, not to mention about Kamal's performance, and I shall keep it up, because I ll be writing a whole new article on him. After all he is India's finest actor. Isnt he??




COMING UP.....THE MOVIE I HATE TO THE CORE

2 comments:

Ashok said...

gud one machi.. I will be happy if u would have talked abt the sales and profit associated with this movie. These days movie making s an excellent business and they introduced this subject in IIMA.ultimately people r investing money only for returns.

JSTHEONE said...

Suppppppperrrrrrrbbbbb Movie i dont hav words to explain abt the movie...

i would like to one more point da..,. the introduction song during title card.. they hav presented the flashback in awesome manner ... i cant even count the number of times i hav wathcehd tis movie...still i m watching...